Pages

Sunday 9 September 2012

When God Was a Rabbit...



 This is a book about a brother and a sister. 

It's a book about childhood and growing up, friendships and families, triumph and tragedy and everything inbetween. 

More than anything it's a book about love in all its forms.



I know that this book came out a while ago and so I'm a little behind on my love for it (I've got a lot of catching up to do now that my reading list isn't solely restricted to VERY IMPORTANT BOOKS) but if you haven't read this then read it. It's hard to describe exactly what the plot of this book encompasses but it's heartbreakingly beautiful. It's funny (like laugh out loud funny) but achingly sad (it will make you cry). It follows the lives of Elly and her brother Joe from the late 1960's all the way through to 2001, it involves a rabbit called God and is now, quite possibly, one of my favourite books. Ever. 

The cover design is also amazing and done by one of my favourite artists and designers Ami Smithson at Cabin London.

Lx

No comments:

Post a Comment