Pages

Tuesday 8 March 2011

I am reading...

This is especially fitting, considering that today is International Women's Day, but as I mentioned a while back, inspired by the wonderful lectures given by Patricia Waugh, I am doing a little feminist exploration. This wonderful snippet of Woolf is based upon a lecture that she gave at Girton College  Cambridge and is a pleasure to read. I spend a heck of a lot of my time puzzling over intricately worded articles and it is such a relief to find something which is more of a musing on matters than a analytic thesis. I've also started on  de Beauvoir's 'The Second Sex', which is slightly larger than I had anticipated and therefore may take a little longer to peruse... in the mean time I think I will be reading a lot more of Woolf! 
L x

No comments:

Post a Comment