Pages

Sunday 27 February 2011

Be excited...


Having been utterly enchanted by his 'Romeo and Juliet' and 'Moulin Rouge', when I heard that Baz Luhrmann was going to be making  Fitzgerald's 'The Great Gatsby' into a film I could think of no one better to tackle this timeless American classic. Carey Mulligan is set to play Daisy, while the role of Gatsby is rumoured to be Leonardo DiCaprio's. The only doubt that I have is the plans to film it in 3D (a gimic that I have nothing but nauseous contempt for) - to do so, in my opinion, would to push the film to be something that it is not. I am however extremely excited.. 
Lx


"In his blue gardens men and girls came and went like moths among the whisperings and the champagne and the stars" (Chapter III - The Great Gatsby)

No comments:

Post a Comment